The competition mode is a fun and entertaining way to learn by introducing gamification into the classroom.
How does it work?
- Step 1: Open the settings
and turn on the Competition Mode
- Step 2: The audience connect
To identify respondents, they will be asked to fill in a username when connecting to your event.
You can also turn on the "Authentication" in the settings before starting your event. This will require participants to identify themselves using email, social media, or SSO login when connecting to your event.
- Step 3: Ask the audience questions and display the ranking
When quizzing the audience, click on the little trophy at the bottom of your screen to display the current ranking, and choose whether you'd like to display the top 3, top 5, top 10, or top 20 participants.
How is the competition scored?
To avoid giving participants with a faster phone or connection an advantage, we do not take response times into account.
For most question types, scoring is quite straightforward: there are as many points to win as there are correct answers.
- Find on image: 1 point (as of this writing, you can only select one correct area);
- Open question/Word cloud: 1 point (as of this writing, you can only determine one correct answer);
- Find a number: 1 point (as of this writing, you can only determine one correct answer);
- Matching: as many points as there are couples;
- Sorting: 1 point;
- Fill in the blanks: as many points as there are blanks to fill.
For Multiple choice questions, we apply specific rules.
MCQ with 1 correct answer
A MCQ with one correct answer counts for 1 point.
MCQ with multiple correct answers
For MCQs with multiple correct answers, participants receive:
- 1 point for every correct answer they select;
- 1 point for every wrong answer they do not select;
- 0 points in any other case.
Therefore, a MCQ with 5 possible answers and multiple correct answers holds 5 points for participants to win.
Was this article helpful? Let us know below so we may better help you and other users in the future!
The Wooclap Team